aof bummage

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri May 10 10:15:40 EDT 1996

> > > Of course, I was even bummed when AOF
> > > came out, thought it was too mellow at the time, though that one grew on me.
>
> Well actually when I typed the line above, my fingers hovered momentarily over
> the keyboard, wanting to type in "AoF", but I figured that was a bit *too*
> heretical ;-]
>

> Tim
Yeah, I felt betrayed when AoF came out.  After 'Secret' I was
expecting a real sledgehammer of an album.  Still, it grew on me a
lot.  The only reason I don't listen to it much anymore is 'cause I
played in a band in 78-79 and we covered most of the album.  I had to
play along with the record so many times I got sick of hearing it no
matter how good it was.  In retrospect, though, 'Summer' and 'Tattoo'
are pretty heavy songs.  'Morning' and 'Tenderloin' are really
haunting tunes.  Really an excellent departure for them, well
followed by Spectres...
theo

New and noteworthy:
King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents:  Robin Trower in Concert.