More 80's/90's segue-ing into BOC/HW

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri May 10 16:34:18 EDT 1996

> No - I'd say you've got a point, but 99% of the 'punk revival' stuff made it
> quite appealing to listen to those old ABBA albums.  Or at least made them
> look revolutionary.  For some *serious* attitude, dig out those old copies of
> the late 70's/early 80's bands like Crass and Conflict, and then wonder why
> you ever bought anything by the likes of Offspring or even (dare I say it?)
> Nirvana.

        Or look up the old Bevis Frond albums--Nick was "grunging" and
beyond when Seattle was still a city only American beer afficiados knew
about.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)