More 80's/90's segue-ing into BOC/HW

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri May 10 16:40:25 EDT 1996

> Two movies that I'm aware of: _Bad News_ and _Bad News On Tour_; the latter
> has their Donnington performance.  Available on videotape.  I found them
> to be a pretty pale imitation of Spinal Tap, but they did have a few jokes
> that were not in Spinal Tap.

        Actually, I enjoyed _Bad News_ almost more than Spinal Tap.  Spinal
Tap is about a mega-band falling apart and Bad News is about a nowhere
band going ... nowhere :)  It's probably a _hell_ of a lot funnier if
you've ever been in a small-time band, since you can relate to nearly
everything that takes place in it ;)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)