CN/RBN/Mirrors

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sat May 11 02:19:19 EDT 1996

On  9-MAY-1996 09:55:58.8 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >> If there's a gaff BOC album its probably _Mirrors_ :^)
   >I agree.  The beginning of the end for BOC.  The style completely
   >different than earlier.  Text book songs and performance.
   >Bloom actually thought he could sing on that album.
   >He was good on albums, 1,2,3,4, very natural sounding.
   >OK on albums 5,6, but hit the voice lessons or something by the time
   >Mirrors rolled around.  He actually thought he could sing.   His
   >voice just got way too clean, his style way too polished from that
   >album on.
   >RR

I disagree - I thopught that on "Jester", Eric showed that he COULD
sing...and it would have been nice to hear more songs in this really emotive
style. I can't think of any other BOC song where Eric comes even close to
this performance. I love his heavier/quirkier vocals (hell, the dude is one
of my all-time favorite singers; whatever his true character is, I'll always
worship him for some reason...), but he just shows on this tune other
facets he is capable of...

You know how there's that handful of songs that actually sendx a chill down
your spine (or something akin to that)? Well, for me, "Jester" is one of
those...

Chuck
`[1;36;41mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive