OFF: Jimi

Douglas A Mitchell DwnTheMtn at AOL.COM
Sat May 11 13:03:00 EDT 1996

Jerry:

>>(P.S.:  My one little tiny claim to fame; I drive by his final resting
>>           place every day on the way to the office.  So I think Jimi
>>           thoughts every day...not such a bad thing... =)

>>Paul Allen's Jimi Museum @ The Seattle Center is worth visiting,
>>if you're visiting the Great Wet North.  Very visual...

>Tell me more, please!

I find it amazing that there are still so many folks that remember his
birthday.  Every year, on his birthday, there is a constant flow of fans
to & from his tomb, which is just North & West of the sundial at the
Greenwood Memorial Park, in the Renton Highlands.  Many people
brings tokens & gifts of appreciation, which are respectfully left alone
by everyone else.  The folks at the cemetary are very understanding,
and I think they realize that they have the loose equivalent of Morrison's
tomb, here in the States.  Jimi's memory lives on here in Seattle in a
very large way...

The 'Hendrix Museum' that I mentioned was the creation of Paul Allen,
the other half of the original Microsoft duo of Allen & Gates.  Where Bill
has gravitated towards adding buildings to the UW campus, Paul has
exercised his interest in sport & music.  He currently owns the Portland
Trailblazers, and is soon to be the owner of the Seattle Seahawks.  His
interest in Jimi Hendrix stretched far enough that he recently came to the
aid of Al Hendrix, Jimi's dad, with financial help in fighting off some music
industry leeches who had "contracted" him out of the way over the years...

If you ever find yourself in Seattle, I would recommend a visit to the
Hendrix Museum, which is located at the Seattle Center...

I wonder if Buck would be interested?  =)

"The Snowman"           _?_     Tuned in to life's essentials...
Douglas A. Mitchell        I         Skiing, Backpacking, & the
                                                mighty Blue Oyster Cult!
Home:  dwnthemtn at aol.com
Office:  dmitch at microscan.com         WE UNDERSTAND...

"They're OK the last days of May, but I'll be breathin' dry air,
I'm leaving soon, the others are already there...Wouldn't be
interested in coming along, instead of staying here?  It said
the West is nice this time of year, that's what they say."

                                       --- Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser