The Great Net Satan

Matthew Braun mbraun at RAYGUN.URBANA.MCD.MOT.COM
Sun May 12 14:53:19 EDT 1996

HWillman at AOL.COM writes:
[that Steve Swann wrote:]
>>To a lot of people who have been closely following the growth and
>>development of the Internet, AOL is the Great Net Satan.  If you
>>actually care why, there are a varity of newsgoups that would be
>>better suited to the discussion.  Email me if interested.
>
>I kind of agree with the guy who thought the post as "snotty."  I use AOL at
>home, Netscape/Eudora at work.  I use both a lot.  I can't see how anyone
>could rate one better than the other.  They both do the same thing!

I think you misunderstand--AOL isn't the Great Net Satan because of the
functionality of their software, or the guests they sport on their forums,
their "rooms", or even their (not as exhorbitant as Compu$erve) rates.  They
are The Great Net Satan for what they have done to/made of the Internet by
bringing to it the great unwashed (present company excepted, of course.:-))

(Ah that the good old days could be here again... :-))

                                        m@

+-mbraun at urbana.mcd.mot.com-+-- Won't get a chance to drink myself ------[MB]-+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |     Into a tragic fall into the grave           |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre |   Love to go out in a blaze of glory            |
+--Dangerous Projects Team--+---  But it looks like I'll just fade away  -----+