OFF / OTHER: misinterpretations

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Mon May 13 02:06:46 EDT 1996

On 10-MAY-1996 17:18:37.8 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >In <Pine.OSF.3.91.960509132357.7111B-100000 at csgrad.cs.vt.edu>, on
   >05/09/96 at 01:33 PM,
   >Paul Mather <paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU> said:
   >this guy >>
   >>> On most performances (including the original) it's 'kiss the sky'
   >alrigh >> But on one video (Berkeley?) I think Hendrix actually says
   >'kiss this gu >> Hendrix is also grinning in Mitch Mitchell's
   >direction during this line.
   >>Or how about the version of "Purple Haze" on the STAGES _San Diego
   >69_ CD >where he clearly sings, "'Scuse me while I kiss *that guy*..."
   >[my >emphasis]  I guess Hendrix knew the line to be
   >oft-misinterpreted...
   >I like the one where that guy who does the voice effects on Police
   >Academy did his version in a Cheech & Chong movie - something like
   >excuse me while I eat this fly?
   >jguizar at epix.net

"Purple Haze all in my brain, what's this negro doin' on the stage?
I keep runnin' but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss this fly".

Then the fly squeals "Help me" in a high-pitched whine, which I guess is a
referrence to the movie "The Fly" but damned if this ain't REALLY off
topic... :)

Chuck
`[1;33;43mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive