OFF: Doctor Who on Fox!?!

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Tue May 14 00:04:41 EDT 1996

There have been ads running during the sweeps for a movie premier showing
this Tuesday of "Doctor Who"---on Fox of all stations!  It stars Paul
McGann as The Doctor, and I hear that Sylvester McCoy has a cameo.  I was
wondering if this was being made in collaboration with the BBC??  Who
wrote the script?  Is it being shown in the UK?  Since Fox is a Murdoch
organ, maybe it will surface on Sky?

Going by the trailers, it looks more "hollywood skiffy epic" than Dr.
Who.  I can't really see Dr. Who translating very well across the Atlantic
for a general audience over here.  Oh well, I guess I'll see tomorrow...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Tragically Hip, _Day For Night_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.