OFF:GET A LIFE

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Tue May 14 09:33:12 EDT 1996

On Tue, 14 May 1996, Mike Miesner trolled:

[Off-topic post asking about the new Doctor Who film, which scrupulously
omitted any mention of either BOC or Hawkwind deleted.]

>          This proves to me that this group is part of the get a life crowd.
> Get with it folks !!!   Bands whose hey days where 20 years in the past and
> sold 50 or sixty albums dont deserve this much band width.  Im a fan of boc
> I saw them in concert and bought their albums...but its a band, not a way of
> life. It seems  that you folks take this WAY too seriously. I enjoy a good
> tune as much as the next guy (or gal) I wish the Brain Surgeons the best of
> luck, but spending so much time deciding what track on what album meant
> what....c'mon folks it only rock and roll.

Oh well, I guess this random, knee-jerk response answers my question.  I
guess Doctor Who doesn't go over very well with the colonials... ;-)

> I will stay subscribed to this for a couple more days to take the abuse I'm
> sure to get and then I'm out of here                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Um... whatever floats your boat, Mike.  But be sure to Cc: your
unsubscription command to the list.  That way, we can be sure to know the
exact time you left our presence, so that each year, at that precise
moment, we can hold a candlelit vigil in homage to the Possessor of the
One True Life, now sadly departed.

> telling you, all get a life!!!

Okay, but tell me where I can get the best deals.  Do they sell them on
the Home Shopping Network?

Btw, I hope you continue your missionary work on other lists.  I'm sure
they'll appreciate your insight as much as we have.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, _New River Head_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.