Other: Big Buck CD Players

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Tue May 14 12:46:58 EDT 1996

> Yeah, I've been reading the comics. The units that look interesting from
> the reviews are:
>
> Marantz CD-63

I've got one of these. What HiFi (or similar) did a black box review of this
and estimated its worth (according to fidelity/sound etc) at at least a
couple of hundred quid over its price. Having said that, they do tend to
rant & rave over Marantz gear in general. YMMV. Its a pretty decent player
though (I used to have a Sony CDM-720 or somesuch, which it easily beats in
functionality and gives a crisper sound). However -

- I'm *far* from being an audiophile :-)
- My system is probably being held back by the ageing Cambridge amp
- I rarely use headphones, which may influence what you're after, so can't
  comment.

Tim