OFF:GET A LIFE

Michael P Mccollum mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Wed May 15 00:51:14 EDT 1996

On Tue, 14 May 1996, Mike Miesner wrote:

> At 12:04 AM 5/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
> >There have been ads running during the sweeps for a movie premier showing
> >this Tuesday of "Doctor Who"---on Fox of all stations!  It stars Paul
> >McGann as The Doctor, and I hear that Sylvester McCoy has a cameo.  I was
> >wondering if this was being made in collaboration with the BBC??  Who
> >wrote the script?  Is it being shown in the UK?  Since Fox is a Murdoch
> >organ, maybe it will surface on Sky?
> >
> >Going by the trailers, it looks more "hollywood skiffy epic" than Dr.
> >Who.  I can't really see Dr. Who translating very well across the Atlantic
> >for a general audience over here.  Oh well, I guess I'll see tomorrow...
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Paul.
> >
> >obCD: The Tragically Hip, _Day For Night_
> >
> >e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.
> >
>          This proves to me that this group is part of the get a life crowd.
> Get with it folks !!!   Bands whose hey days where 20 years in the past and
> sold 50 or sixty albums dont deserve this much band width.  Im a fan of boc
> I saw them in concert and bought their albums...but its a band, not a way of
> life. It seems  that you folks take this WAY too seriously. I enjoy a good
> tune as much as the next guy (or gal) I wish the Brain Surgeons the best of
> luck, but spending so much time deciding what track on what album meant
> what....c'mon folks it only rock and roll.
> I will stay subscribed to this for a couple more days to take the abuse I'm
> sure to get and then I'm out of here
>

> telling you, all get a life!!!
> mike

is this not the boc discussion list? what the hell are we supposed to
talk about!!! just because someone goes into minute detail doesn't mean
they do'nt have a life it's just that we've covered all the easy stuff
years ago - you are a troublemaker buddy- looks like you probably would
end up getting removed from this list with your cyberass in a sling if
you had stayed around with that kind of an attitude- come on butthead we
all have piles of bullshit to deal with daily in our lives and so we
certainly don't deserve taking any from the likes of you- especially here
on a list that for me is a leasure activity..
-mike psyche( lurking in the shadows tar & feathers in hand)