HW: Samples of Shadow Screams

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed May 15 15:08:04 EDT 1996

> >>  Then the Shadows decide to start openly attacking and their ships'
> >> screams fill the universe.
>
> >        Excellent--that's a really cool noise.  I should get my sister to
> >sample it and add it to my demo recordings :)  Hawkwind should sample it
> >and use it themselves :)
>
> You got it!   Screw the Star Trek samples.   Can you imagine these screams
> moving about the hall as HW cranks up some appropriate tune?  I wish I knew
> Alien 4 better, there seem to be titles that cry out for this effect.

        Mmmm.  Alien, at least.  The tune already has a sinister edge
to it which would be well complemented by the Shadow sounds.

> BTW - Your sister did a GREAT job adding synths.   That band could open for
> HW and hold its own, no problem.   Maybe your sister could even replace
> Harvey.  Does she dance in various stages of undress or breathe fire?

        You are too kind :)  but I agree my sister did a great job--
she doesn't even really know any space-rock bands pretty well but I
think she did a better job of combining a classic and modern
"swooshy noise" vibe than Hawkwind does!  I've often thought she'd
be the best thing for the HW synth dept. barring a return of DikMik and
Del!  And I find it very difficult to say something that nice about
my sister (older brothers everywhere will understand ;)

        As for dancing in undress and breathing fire ... I'll have to
ask her ;)  She might find it difficult to keep the synths and samples
running smoothly at the same time ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)