HW and '85 charity gig

Maxine Wesley mxw at DMU.AC.UK
Thu May 16 06:26:45 EDT 1996

Right... the competition for Big Mike's Chris McMahon tape is closed - the
winner was Jill for the first incorrect answer as no-one got it right....

The charity gig they participated in in '85 following Bob Geldoff's Band
Aid gig was 'Anglia for Africa' and they played a full 1hr 15 min set
             ^^^^^^
complete with an amazing firework display to accompany the last tracks
since this is something of a completist HW gathering shouldn't the gig be
included in the information files we have on all things HW? Incidentally we
were asked by DB to stop video taping during the show so only have a
couple of tracks...on Betamax!!

Since I receive boc-l via digest mode these days I must speak in digest
too....

2. I got e-mail from a chap who runs "The Children of the Sun" motorcycling
group apparently they have 'official' recognition from the band and is a
club for those into motorcycles and the music of Hawkwind
without the heavy vibes that goes with some bike clubs/chapters - has
anyone any knowledge of them?

Cheeri-O

Maxine

(Does anyone still own a Betamax VCR??)