OFF: Trainspotting

Martyn White white at BORG.MED.ECU.EDU
Mon May 20 15:54:56 EDT 1996

Boy, I get bored easily when the BOC-L tide ebbs :-).  Any way,
to mention something off topic, I just started reading a book
called Trainspotting by Irvin Welsh (sp?).  I highly recommend it
to members of the list (but not to the sqeamish).  It describes
the lives of some folk living in Edinburgh including some junkies
and psychos.  My favorite part so far is where the hero (undergoing
heroin withdrawal) has to retrieve his opium suppositories from
a full toilet in the back of a bookies

Martyn

Ob tenuous boc-l connection:  I wander if any of our Edinburgh
list members know any of the characters in the book :-)