MST3K

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon May 20 16:27:02 EDT 1996

Got around to watching my tape of the final installment of
"Mystery Science Theater 3000".  Kind of a sad ending,
(though they left open the possiblity of a "rebirth").  Anyways,
during the opening sequence, Tom Servo mentioned that
the music during the opening credits of the movie ("Laserblast",
an awful film that somehow got 2½ stars from Leonard Maltin,
a running gag during the movie) sounded like Hawkwind, but
the other two characters disagreed with Tom.

One of the later running gags was how the film would apparently
waste time following one character around in his van playing 70's
music, so they kept tossing 70's music references whenever he
appeared, and eventually there was a "Don't Fear the Reaper"
jab tossed in....

'F. Murray Abraham in "Amadeus"?  No better than Roddy
 McDowell in "Laserblast"...according to Leonard Maltin...'
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)