BBC Transcription Disc for sale!

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Mon May 20 17:19:59 EDT 1996

Johan Edlundh writes:

> while browsing the net I found the information below on this url:
> http://www.poptel.org.uk/polkaville/vinyl/pg_a-m.htm
>
> BBC Transcription Disc
> LP - UK - Original Live 1974 - Only 50 Made/No Ps - EX -
>
> the problem?
> It was with the Groundhogs...
>
> is the string "Only 50 Made/No Ps" also accurate on the Hawkwind
> Transcription Disc?

Hmmm.  I rather thought there were only 2 of them made, and that
half of those were owned by list members.  ;-)

Not that he ever invites ME over to listen to it...

In fact the only rarer album I know of was that absurd art-pretentious
wank that Jean-Michelle Jarre pulled (snert) on everyone with _Music
for the Supermarkets_.  Pressed one copy and then destroyed the master,
because it was a work of "art" and should be "unique".

I think that was pretty much the end of my Jean-Michelle Jarre
fandom...

Steve
swann at panix.com