BBC Transcription Disc for sale!

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue May 21 11:32:56 EDT 1996

> Johan Edlundh writes:
> >
> > while browsing the net I found the information below on this url:
> > http://www.poptel.org.uk/polkaville/vinyl/pg_a-m.htm
> >
> > BBC Transcription Disc
> > LP - UK - Original Live 1974 - Only 50 Made/No Ps - EX -
> >
> > the problem?
> > It was with the Groundhogs...
> >
> > is the string "Only 50 Made/No Ps" also accurate on the Hawkwind
> > Transcription Disc?
>
> Hmmm.  I rather thought there were only 2 of them made, and that
> half of those were owned by list members.  ;-)
>
> Not that he ever invites ME over to listen to it...
>
> In fact the only rarer album I know of was that absurd art-pretentious
> wank that Jean-Michelle Jarre pulled (snert) on everyone with _Music
> for the Supermarkets_.  Pressed one copy and then destroyed the master,
> because it was a work of "art" and should be "unique".

Well, in old Jean-M's defense, this was done as a snub towards the music
industry and the ridiculous practices they employ. It _was_ played on the
radio in Europe (Luxembourg, I think) with the announcment "Pirate it!".

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404