OFF: Dead Flowers and Guru Guru (was Re: HW bits)

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu May 23 18:41:39 EDT 1996

On 21-MAY-1996 19:05:00.4 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >time for the early 70's.   Another great band from the same genre
   >(that also reformed recently)
   >is Faust, though I haven't heard their latest effort.

I bought it, it's called "Rien". Not one of my favorite CDs, but there's a
couple decent tracks (my fave being the 15-minute-long ambient track
"Listen To The Fish"). All in all, it's a little too industrial for my
tastes (lots of random scraping and stuff).

Their eponymous
   >first album (the one with the x-ray hand on the cover) is a brilliant,
   >sick piece o f
   >work.  It is (was?) reissued on CD from Polydor/Japan.  Faust did a
   >sparse to ur
   >of the U.S. a couple years ago, including an "experimental
   >performance"  I drove 900 miles to witness in Devils Furnace, Death
   >Valley. Now that was a trip - a bunch of people perched on rocks and
   >and cliffs bangi ng
   >on pipes,
   >blowing didgeridoos and yodelling  while Japanese noise artist Keiji
   >Haino (sp?) coughed up multiple hairballs.  Later their guitarist
   >Herve cranked up a
   >generator-powered Marshall and sent spasms of feedback and distortion
   >ripplin g
   >through the canyons.  Very Cool.
   >Cheers
   >- Chris

What's the consensus on their earlier stuff? Like how I described Rien or
more song-oriented?

Chuck

`[1;34;45mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive