HW/ Pistols

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri May 24 06:04:22 EDT 1996

In message <199605232145.WAA18834 at easynet.co.uk>,
gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK writes
>And did you know that Joe Strummer once said that the Clash's version of
>"Police & Thieves" was meant to sound the way Hawkwind would've done it!
>
>Dave

Really? Bloody good song and all but doesn't *quite* remind me of the
'awks!  Maybe if Simon House was violin-noodling all over it or Nik was
honking away or at least a few layers of synth washing it down.

Did the Hawks have *any* reggae elements in their sound in '77? They
obviously have since but back then?

Talking of which I just got ICU - Passout on CD with the extra tracks -
brilliant! And I was playing it last Saturday (quite loud) in my
comicshop, and as usual a couple of the staff and a couple of the
regulars were (gently) taking the piss, as usual, when in walks Rat
Scabies from the Damned and says "Hmm, Nik Turner, brilliant!"

That shut them up!
He then told me how he used to hang out with Calvert etc..
--
Jon Browne