HW/ Pistols

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Sat May 25 11:37:30 EDT 1996

>Talking of which I just got ICU - Passout on CD with the extra tracks -
>brilliant! And I was playing it last Saturday (quite loud) in my
>comicshop, and as usual a couple of the staff and a couple of the
>regulars were (gently) taking the piss, as usual, when in walks Rat
>Scabies from the Damned and says "Hmm, Nik Turner, brilliant!"
>
>That shut them up!
>He then told me how he used to hang out with Calvert etc..
>--
>Jon Browne

Yeah, I've had a few tales from Mr.Scabies regarding Bob Calvert. Smashing
loads of cups and saucers on the London Underground while Scabies and
Captain Sensible realised that Calvert could easily outdo any young punk
when it came to the bizarre behaviour stakes!
  And of course we can't forget that Captain Sensible played guitar on some
of ICU's "Maximum Effect", or that Nik Turner guested at a few Damned gigs.
Plus I seem to remember that "Shit From Hell" consisted of Sensible
alongside some ICU people. Don't think they ever did more than one gig though!