off: 1st trip to uk, advice please?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sun May 26 14:20:46 EDT 1996

> hello. my wife karyn and i will be travelling to london for the four
> shows there,and we've only booked lodgings for the first night,in the
> marble arch area,at $120 u.s.
>     this is causing myself some small anxiety,but we thought it possible
> that we may be able to find a more economically sound lodging once
> there.
>     is this a bad idea?any suggestions?please help, as the Rx next door
> is nearly out of rolaids.... rj

        The last night my family stayed in England before we left in '84
we stayed in the Salvation Army hotel in London.  The Ritz is was not
but it was a good deal.  'Fraid I can't remember any more specifics
since it _was_ 11 or 12 years ago and I was 13 at the time and not
paying much attention to hotel info but that oughta give you something
to go on ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)