off: 1st trip to uk, advice please?

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon May 27 16:28:10 EDT 1996

SKARSOL writes:

> hello. my wife karyn and i will be travelling to london for the four
> shows there,and we've only booked lodgings for the first night,in the
> marble arch area,at $120 u.s.
>     this is causing myself some small anxiety,but we thought it possible
> that we may be able to find a more economically sound lodging once
> there.
>     is this a bad idea?any suggestions?please help, as the Rx next door
> is nearly out of rolaids.... rj

All hotels in the central area of London will be very expensive - and
Marble Arch is close to centre.   You need to be on the outskirts for a
more reasonable price (30.00 a night is good around London) but this
usually means an expensive taxi ride or 20 mins on the tube.   There are
some reasonably priced hotels off Kensington Road and Kensington Road
South to the west of London and some to the SW (Clapham Common area?)
but I strongly recommend you get a "best Guesthouses" guide to London
since some of the "Hotels" serve multiple functions of the word
hospitality so you need to be a bit careful looking for cheap
accommodation.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk