HW summer tour/Sex Pistols

dave cohen lapis at POBOX.UPENN.EDU
Tue May 28 00:07:31 EDT 1996

> Anyways, I'm rambling. Interesting that Johnny Rotten's fave band used
> to be HW. Mike Moorcock wrote the adaptation of the Sex Pistols flick
> "The Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle" in which HW are mentioned and Lemmy
> makes an appearance (a line reads something like "don't be fooled by
> the long hair --- underneath he's a punk"....).

        yeah--tho lemmy doesn't appear in the movie (alas, would have loved
        to see lemmy, veteran of a thousand psychic wars take maclaran
        out with a sonic blast of ace of spades or something)
        the moorcock book is only loosely based on the movie--and was
        written in two weeks cuz moorcock thought that the pistols
        had introduced at least a few people to some serious thoughts
        on anarchism (nester makhno makes an appearance in the book"...
        the original edition was printed as a pulp newspaper tabloid!

> I've also obtained a copy of the Jerry Cornelius (who also appears in
> Moorcock's Sex Pistols adaptation) flick "The Final Programme"... if
> only HW did the score! It's like a sub-Clockwork Orangesque
> semi-confusing but fun romp all round... uh, I better stop rambling...

        i heard that they did film a sequence with HW doing sonic attack
        (i think) but either it never made it to the fnished version
        (moorcock noting that the director, robert faust couldn't deal
        with HW in general, and their volume in particular)

        oop, enough rambling from me as well...

        --dave