HW Tribute: Assassins of Silence/Hundred Watt Violence

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Wed May 29 22:32:59 EDT 1996

On Thu, 23 May 1996, Paul Mather wrote:

> > Appearantly there's a HW tribute album out on the San Francisco based
> > label Ceres Records. The New Bomb Turks version of "Ejection" is
> > availible on their new comp. called "Pissing out the Poison". Cool.
> > Anyway, if anyody could provide me w/a catalog #, and if its availible
> > on CD?? Also, Monster Magnet covered "Brainstorm" on their album
> > "Superjudge". Monster Magnet rule!!! What other bands have covered HW on
> > records??
> >
> > anyways,
> > thanks for any info anybody could provide on the tribute album/covers.
>
> Funny you should mention HW covers as the list is right now in the process
> of producing a four tape set of HW covers.  If you have access to the WWW,
> you can view their contents (the cassette inlays to be used) at:
>
>         http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/paul/boc-l/covers.html
>
> Allan T. Grohe (U.S.A.) and Dave Berry (I think he's the one) (Europe)
> are busy gearing up to run off the tapes even as we speak...

Indeed we are :-)  If you, Christian, or anyone else who hasn't spoken up
yet, are interested in a set, do please contact me (Allan; address below)
or Dave (daveb at harlequin.co.uk) for further info.

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     RPG Writer/Reviewer.  Outer God.
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Nomad of the Time Streams.  Poet.

Visit the Dreaming City: http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~iscladoc/imrryr.html

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                        - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_