HW Langtree

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri May 31 05:06:23 EDT 1996

In message <9605301939.aa29984 at uk.ac.ed.tattoo>, J Strobridge
<eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK> writes
>There have been no nasty rumours from down south yet about the show
>being off.  I'll keep in touch tho' since I have no great wish to rush
>all the way down to outer Surbiton and have to spend the night there
>without seeing Hawkwind.  Heck - it's dangerous.  Stay there too long
>and you metamorphose into a semi-detatched with 2.4 kids and a 10.00 pm
>bedtime   8-((
>
>jill

>J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
>                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk

Hey, I lived in Surbiton for years, I'm only 3 miles from there now and
I'll have you know it's as full of squatters, punks and hippies as
anywhere except Camden! In fact, before the Council knocked the houses
down Here & Now had squatted half the street (Bellevue Rd). There was
always half a dozen coaches parked down the street as freaks turned up
from all over Europe, just to say Hi!

We used to have big softball parties and picnics every weekend with 50
or 60 people turning up regularly for tea in the park.

Having said that I seem to have a Mortgage on my semi-detached, two kids
and a 10.00 p.m. bedtime so I guess I can't argue the point too much :-)
--
Jon Browne