More Xenon Codex Talk

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Nov 2 05:53:08 EST 1996

In message <01IBCBREXWS295MUYA at delphi.com>, HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM writes
>Hmmm...but what's so funny about "Mommy, daddy said to me 'Get a job'"
>repeating over and over again? Silly but not that funny. :) I think BOC win
>the humour sweepstakes...

OK it's not bust-a-gut comedy. The "get a job, get a job, get a job" is
pretty apt, I thought at the time. The humour is in the samples like the
snip from "If I Were A Rich Man" followed by sheep bleating, for
instance. Then there's all those Looney Tunes bits at the end. OK it's
not like a joke you can share down the pub but it's not exactly serious
either. And of course, it rocks, there's always that!
<veering off>
Anyone see "Shooting Stars" last night? Now *that's* funny.
I fell off the sofa when Mark got hit by the stuffed bear!
--
Jon Browne
Eranu!