BOC: Buck Dharma and Mutation

Jason Scruton scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Sat Nov 2 19:25:58 EST 1996

I was just listening to the 2nd LP for the umpteenth time and I notices
something which may or may not has been a topic of discourse:

Buck's solos are so choopy and angular on this compared to almost
everything else he's recorded.  Particularly the "indian" solo in Hot
Rails, 7 screaming..,
and most notably, in my opinion on Quicklime Girl.

Has any reason ever been given for this strange one-shot shift from the fluid
soloing we all know and are awestruck by?  Although, I must admit it does
fit the overall feel of the LP very well- that full yet thin sound of
stings strings and more strings..

Bolts of ungodly vision,
Jason