BOC: Re: Taming Flelepaths

Richard Manny mannyrp at SPRYNET.COM
Sun Nov 3 16:41:46 EST 1996

Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> On alt.music.blueoystercult, someone heard a rumour that BOC would do
> one last show this year in Florida, but none of the web pages that show
> their dates mentioned it.  The guy who posted the rumour didn't say
> where, anyone heard anything?
> ===================================

Reportedly, they were to play at Guavaween in Tampa (now, two weeks
past).  Although, I live in Tampa and would pretty much do anything to
see BOC, I refuse to attend Guavaween--a night with a thousand obnoxious
drunks.  BOC was not advertised--that honor went to The Butthole Surfers,
who were felt by some to be *inappropriate* for such a gathering--nor
have I heard from anyone who attended and saw them (of course, most
attendees are suffering from a missing time episode temporally linked to
the consumption of their first six pack that evening).

So, I have no idea if they played or what they played.  Sorry, folks.

Richard