BOC: Buck Dharma and Mutation

Mon Nov 4 10:26:15 EST 1996

On mån 4 nov 1996 09.47 "Ted Jackson jr. EL 84" <TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU>
wrote:
> Also to blame is the
> relatively unsophisticated recording techniques employed on the first
> couple of albums [although I think this actually contributes to the
> slightly claustrophobic sound at times]

     Man, but I hate the sound on the first few albums--though the music is
great.  It's _so_ thin!  Now if they'd played those same songs but come out
with a sound more like Sabbath (or Hawkwind :) was getting around the same
time--thicker and heavier--that would have been great.  IMO, of course :)

    Oh, for a recording of "Stairway to the Stars" that really _thundered_.
 Despite the fearsome recording quality, I think I still like the _Live
1976_ "Stairway" better than the studio version simply because it is much
more agressive and virbrant sounding.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            * "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *  fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic, Cambridge *  -- Pippi Langstrump