HW: More (literary) Bandits Talk

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Tue Nov 5 09:48:06 EST 1996

Wow ! Synchronicity cool 8-)

I'd just been meaning to post on another HW literary connection I'd found, and
indeed it has a Burroughs connection.....

In 'On The Road' by Jack Kerouac  (legendary book, cornerstone of hte 'Beat'
generation) I've just found a reference to an 'Orgone Accumulator' this
is in the part where J.K. and Neial Cassady go down to visit William
Burroughs at his ranch in Texas (they are all mentioned under pseodonyms in the
book). There is a description of the device that Mr Burroughs has in his yard,
together with a note from Mr Burroughs that he usually feels a little, well
randy I suppose, after using it.  SO there you go (I can dig out the exact quote
from the book at home). I have to wonder if this is where Bob Calvert got the
idea for the song though.

Cheers,
Steve L.