HW: More (literary) Bandits Talk

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Tue Nov 5 11:01:25 EST 1996

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, William Duffy wrote:

> I saw a documentary on TV some time back, and in this documentary they
> speak of an actual machine called the Orgone Accumulator. The machine
> did exist, and apparently did what the song claims it to do!

Orgone and the Orgone Accumulator go hand in hand with Dr. Wilhelm Reich.
Take a peek in the HW trivia file if'n you don't believe me. :-)  He sold
orgone accumulators at one time (which led to his downfall), and this is
probably where Burroughs picked his up (or perhaps he built one himself
from plans).

It is more likely Bob was influenced by Reich for this song.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Farflung, _25,000 Feet Per Second_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.