Talk about a tough crowd (fwd)

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Nov 6 13:08:48 EST 1996

>----- Forwarded message from another list -----
>
>Possible urban legend, but whatthehell:
>
>German rock star GUNTHER DEITZ crashed to his death when peeved fans refused
>to catch him in a crowd-diving stunt. Heavy metal idol Deitz died instantly
>as he smashed into the concrete floor after yelling "Catch me!" He regularly
>stage-dived as a climax to his show, but fans - annoyed he'd turned up an
>hour late and then sacked his guitarist - stepped out of his way instead of
>catching him.  As he hit the concrete, a roar went round the packed stadium
>in Hamburg, Germany.  Fan EGOR PROSNECKI, 18, said, "He got what he
>deserved."

Well, that sounds like UL, but I remember one of the guys from Twisted Sister
was on Letterman once and told a story in which at some minor venue somone
kept throwing bottles at them and one finally hit him, and he got pissed off
and stopped the show to ask who threw it.  A large guy stood up and yelled
that he did it.  The TS guy (name escapes me) then leaped out into the crowd
hoping they'd catch him so he could get at the guy and in his words, it was like
"the red sea parting" and he hit the ground hard.  While he was on the ground,
the other guy went into a wicked kung fu stance and he ended up  tackling
him and they were eventually seperated, but I thought it was an amusing
anecdote.  Sounded like one he'd told many times before, possibly better
each time around, but hey, that's what stories are for....
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random
Baron
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm