BOC:de ol' pop/rock broo ha h (a shade of "Dharma and Mutation" postings)

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Nov 6 14:50:28 EST 1996

Jason writes:
>As the stormclouds on the horizon indicate, this resurrects the time
>honored  question of "what be pop?"
>
>Concerning BOC and pop, they did play pop songs on occasion, but in a very
>original way, which allowed "pop's" definition to be smudged , as in the
>existence of Metallica in popular music scenes (after all, music can't help
>itself for being good AND purchased by the a decent size of the public. it
>just happnes that way).  The musicality of the band, in all its
>incarnations , is such that I don't think the music it produced would have
>been as enjoyable if it was forced to stayed within the
>"Hello-we-are-mysterious-evil-bandsmen- from-afar.Prepare-to-rock-or-else"

(Hahaha I like this line Jason... very funny!)

>formula of the 1st 3 LPs.  Though I think even in the 1st 3 you can feen to
>tugging away when you get to ST...
>
>Throwing fuel on the fire of unknown origin,
>(burn baby burn..oyster inferno! ...  somehow I dont think so)
>Jason

I writes:

Of course you're right... I hope BCC always will make the kind of music they
feel like... and not what they think we wants to hear... that kind of
behaviour (sp?) of a band often ends up with a big disappointment for
everybody...
Look at what happened to all bands of the '80´s who suddenly decided to "go
grunge"... did anybody succeed??? I don't think so.
Or look at what the Big Bad Wolf (aka Glenn Danzig) released last week... a
poor effort trying to sound like Ministry... (gosh... I thought the first
Danzig LP was really really good but that is also the only one).

But I still wants BOC to be heavy! ;-)

                -Daniel Wikdahl

.

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN