More Space Bandits Talk

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Thu Nov 7 00:52:20 EST 1996

Jon Browne wrote:

> In message <327F93DD.1F15 at student.uq.edu.au>, Max Wilcox
> <s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU> writes
> >Kurt Cobain and some other silly teen idol, I
> >think from Hole or 4 non blondes, or whatever their name is, whichever
> >ones killed themselves, and all of them used this dream machine. Cooh, I
> >hope it's a plan of Burroughs' to wipe out all the crap music in the
> >world...)
>
> Ahem! I must just point out a slight innacuracy there. Nirvana were not
> crap. They did in fact, ROCK! Incidentally, Kurt and Burroughs recorded
> an album together, so he must have dug Nirvana too:)
>
> Hole, I can take or leave. They have one or two excellant numbers. A lot
> *is* screechy crap tho' !
> --
> Jon Browne

        Ok I won't criticise Nirvana, though they aren't my favorites, but
Burroughs never actually never met Kurt, he just did the music for the
background in the "The Priest, They Called Him". I believe his does get
on quite well with Gus Van Sant, who plays guitar on one of his albums,
though.
        Gee, this seems to be turniong into the Burroughs group....
-Max Wilcox