OFF: Gunther Deitz

Christian Mumford christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO
Fri Nov 8 03:53:37 EST 1996

>>>HAMBURG, Germany--The music world is grieving the loss of rock superstar
>>>Gunther Deitz who ended his concert and his life when he dove from the
>>>stage expecting to be caught in the arms of the crowd--only to have them
>>>step away and allow him to smash facefirst into the concrete floor!
>>>Few Americans have ever heard Dietz's music. But he was known throughout
>>>Europe for his throbbing high-decibel sound and his exciting concert
>>>performances.
>
>>anyone heard of this wellknown, but unlucky dude -
>>before this concrete incident?
>
>Never. Not before nor after the accident - until now of course. I also had
>never heard of the band he played in.
>
>>\\throughout european joe
>
>throughout European Jerry

Ah, Gunther Diaz - big star up here in Norway (much like David Hasselhoff's
status in Germany) and will be sorely missed. Last time they played here in
Oslo was in march 94, supporting their 5th album, "Ich Liebe Die Fleisch"
for a packed crowd of enthusiastic punters. Their music could be described
as a mix between Guns & Roses, Scorpions and TNT. Gunther, R.I.P., we miss
you already.

Christian