OFF: Gunther Deitz / Hawkwind connection

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Nov 8 09:50:31 EST 1996

>Ah, Gunther Diaz - big star up here in Norway (much like David Hasselhoff's
>status in Germany) and will be sorely missed. Last time they played here in
>Oslo was in march 94, supporting their 5th album, "Ich Liebe Die Fleisch"
>for a packed crowd of enthusiastic punters. Their music could be described
>as a mix between Guns & Roses, Scorpions and TNT. Gunther, R.I.P., we miss
>you already.

Not many people know it, but Gunther actually appeared briefly on the legendary
lost Hawkwind album "Caution", long before he got his own band together in
Germany.  He played keyboards on 'Emoticon', and sang some of the secondary
vocals on 'The High Crusade'.  And if you listen very, very carefully at the
end of "The Eleventh Second of Forever" you can hear him in the background
arguing with Danny
 and Dave that culminates with him being sacked from the recording sessions.
It's very faint and I don't think it was put on there intentionally.
Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm