Alan's bass influences (slight return)

Mon Nov 11 11:20:27 EST 1996

 From the Alan Davey interview on www.hawkwind.com:

> AD: I started playing bass in 1978; it was also my
> first instrument. What made me want to learn was
> Lemmy's bass solo on 'Time We Left' off of
> 'Doremi'. It still gets me even now. No modern
> bands interest me much today. I tend to like
> music that has an original sound like Hawkwind,
> Can, Black Sabbath and Motorhead.

     Ah ha!  When we were discussing this a few months back and someone
mentioned that Alan had been inspired by a track off _Doremi_.  I *knew* it
had to be the "Time We Left" solo!  Hard to beat, that one.

Cheers,
Carl

ObAlbum: Motorhead, _Overnight Sensation_, "I Don't Believe A Word"

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)