HW: GONG tour '97 (or whenever)

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Wed Nov 13 16:39:43 EST 1996

Heya... I e-mailed the guy who coordinates the GONG tours in the U.S. with
the idea of putting HW and Gong on a joint-venture-tour of some sort.
This was his reply:

---------- begin included message ----------
> Hi damon,
> Yes, your idea has been considered before and has its merits problem is
> that although touring together does lower cost it also lowers profits as
> many fans are the same etc.  However it still can work if there's enough
> support in the land.  We are still working on the concept.  Any details
> you have re  the Hawks would be helpful.
---------- end included message ----------

So I told him what we here at BOC-L know so far (around May, slightly
larger venues [~1000], Jim Lascko and to an extent Mr.Rats doing most of
the coordinating, etc.).  I also said the following:

"I plan on asking the people on the Hawkwind newsgroup if they can provide
the 'enough support in the land' to put the two bands together."

I told him either you guys could directly send him your opinions
concerning the matter, or we could simply discuss it here on BOC-L and
then I could summarize our discussion and send it to Mr.Gongdude for his
perusal and consideration.  As you can see from the following, he has
decided on the latter option.

---------- begin included message #2 ----------
> Send out the feelers and let me know your opinion first then we can
> proceed from there if the interest is there.
> Take Care.
---------- end included message #2 ----------

In other words, what would you guys think of Gong and HW touring together
in the U.S.? :) :)

Damon "I think it would be awesome!" Capehart