OFF: Gunther Deitz / Duct-tape & Hawkwind connection

Christian Mumford christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO
Thu Nov 14 05:40:06 EST 1996

>Not many people know it, but Gunther actually appeared briefly on the legendary
>lost Hawkwind album "Caution", long before he got his own band together in
>Germany.  He played keyboards on 'Emoticon', and sang some of the secondary
>vocals on 'The High Crusade'.  And if you listen very, very carefully at the
>end of "The Eleventh Second of Forever" you can hear him in the background
>arguing with Danny
> and Dave that culminates with him being sacked from the recording sessions.
>It's very faint and I don't think it was put on there intentionally.

Wasn't said argument that led to Gunther being sacked, because of Gunther
breaking Danny's drumsticks or something, and Dave and Danny having to fix
them with duct-tape? I believe the last line of 'The Eleventh Second Of
Forever' was something like "On the eleventh second of forever, we repaired
the broken shades laying on the tarmac with duct-tape", but it was really a
subtle jab at Gunther.

Christian