HW: Calvert & Mothergong

Christian Mumford christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO
Thu Nov 14 06:02:09 EST 1996

I just found a used copy of Mothergong - 'The Owl And The Tree'.
Bob Calvert plays sax and guitar (I think) on this - he's credited on every
song
save 2 or 3 and most of the album was apparantly improvised around a musical
concept of his. It's pretty good, somewhat mellow and very Gong in sound but not
as wacky I suppose. I don't think Calvert wrote any lyrics though, they are
all sung by Gilli Smyth or Daevid Allen.

Christian