HW: Calvert & Mothergong

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 14 08:00:12 EST 1996

Christian Mumford writes:

> I just found a used copy of Mothergong - 'The Owl And The Tree'.
> Bob Calvert plays sax and guitar (I think) on this - he's credited on every
> song

oops - sorry!  didn't realise this was in the discography.  Robert
Calvert is alive and well and I last saw him playing the saxaphone two
years ago in Glastonbury in a tent while Gilli Smyth was doing her recital
bit.   However it is NOT the same Bob Calvert as the late much missed
Bob Calvert of Hawkwind and I think this guy tends to call himself
Robert Calvert now, perhaps because of the confusion.

There is another Robert Calvert around as well who used to play with a
band called Caterpiller (I think) and I'm sure the name has come up in
other band contexts.   It might be something worth noting next time the
discography is updated.

obCodex related> does anyone know the exact (well - to the month anyway)
release dates of Alien 4 and Area S4?

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk