OFF : Orbital

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Nov 14 08:50:10 EST 1996

Object Request Brokers on boc-l. Wonders never cease, but anyway -

> I like Snivilization but I think it's their worst release IMO
>
> I can't work out if it's the label or the title but "the Brown one"
> Internal 1993 is brilliant as is the 91 release which might be Peel
> Sessions or might be "Orbital CD" anyway, it's lime and orange and it's
> on FFRR. It *might* be called FFRR. They didn't make it easy and I just
> bought anything I didn't have. Essential is the latest -  "In sides"
> also on Internal. Takes a *bit* of getting into, not quite as immedaiate
> as their earlier stuff, but it's a bit of a masterpiece.

The only one I have is the one with Halcyon+on+on, and the piece that loops
"even a stopped watch tells the right time twice a day". Pretty good. So
_In Sides_ is the one to get yeah ?

> If only Hawkwind would sample the "sssssshhhhhHHHHHHH--- WWWATTTOW!¬!!
> noise at the beginning of Moebius. One of the best "sound bytes" ever!

Nah, that's got to be the white noise envelope beat intro for FSOL's "Just a
Fuckin' Idiot" on ISDN.

> Watch that ORB theme though, you'll end up buying Roy Orbison if you're
> not careful!

I'm sure Andy G has some Roy Orbison tucked away next to Dwight Yoakam &
Johnny Cash :^)

Like somebody else asked here, where should one start with William Orbit ?
There's something like four Strange Cargo releases to choose from.

Tim