OFF: Re: [Internet Virus Warning (fwd)]

Lurking Girl tori at PANIX.COM
Thu Nov 14 16:12:02 EST 1996

M R Godwin wrote:

> From: Dan Hitchin <dhitchen at basilica-computing.co.uk>
> For your Information:
> There is a computer virus that is being sent across the Internet.
> If you receive an email message with the subject line "Irina",
                                                         ^^^^^
YM "Good Times Virus" HTH.  This is the urban legend that never ends...

On a similar if more amusing note, on Feb. 28th of this year, we [I work
at Panix] got a call from someone who asked if the system was going to
be up the next day, since he'd heard that the Internet was going down
for housecleaning.

The demons of temptation reared their pointy heads, but we managed to beat
'em down, albeit with difficulty.

     Victoria C. Fike * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
LNH: Lurking Girl * SCA: Vika (Ostgardr) * WB: miri * work: vf at panix.com
   "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
        Email spam will be returned with a gratis copy of vmunix