OFF: William Orbital

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Thu Nov 14 23:07:47 EST 1996

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, bart wrote:
> The only one I have is the one with Halcyon+on+on, and the piece that loops
> "even a stopped watch tells the right time twice a day". Pretty good. So
> _In Sides_ is the one to get yeah ?

Orbital 1 and 2:  A mix of "hard" and "soft" techno, with 2 being on the
slightly harder side (Halcyon being the only soft, more "ambient" one, as
I remember, besides the intro/outro things).

Snivilization:  More like Orbital 2 (mostly harder techno)

In Sides:  IMHO, their very best - much, much more in the ambient realms.
There is not one bad song on this one.  AND, if you hurry, you can get it
with the 2nd "bonus CD".  Beautiful, beautiful music.  I love it.
However, if you prefer their harder stuff, you may not like In Sides as
much.

> Like somebody else asked here, where should one start with William Orbit ?
> There's something like four Strange Cargo releases to choose from.

3 or 4, IMO.  Since you seem to be veering toward the ambient realm, I
guess In Sides *would* be good. :)

Damon