FAO Bernhard

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Thu Nov 14 23:10:31 EST 1996

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Bernhard Pospiech wrote:
> It is the same situation as with LOST CHRONICALS
> Played for the first time live in November 1986 and released as a studio
> version early 1988 on XENON CODEX
>
> CAJUN JINX was played for the first time live in November 1986 and
> realeased as a studio version on OUT AND INTAKE early 1987
>
> I suppose even Dave himself doesn't know when the ready mixed songs were
> for the first time fixed on the master tapes
>
> But what about Star_Rats? Do you know the original recording dates??
>
> HAWKWIND did a lot of songs first live and than in studio

Another kind-of-well-known example:  Snake Dance (credited as "Eons" on
Calif. BS).

Damon C Capehart      | "Talent instantly recognizes genius, but
aka Le Monsieur Damon |  mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself."
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |    -- Arthur Conan Doyle