HW: Ron 'Bastard'??

shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM
Fri Nov 15 04:12:29 EST 1996

Christian asks re Ron
"I wonder why Tree 'reverted' to his real name, or the origin of his
nickname/alias... anyone?"

The 'Bastard' came from one of Ron's old bands, called simply 'Bastard'. They were (not surprisingly) a punk band circa late 70's, based in Leeds, England. Ron played bass.

One day Ron thought he'd design a backdrop for the band. He laid out a sheet in the back yard, and placed bits of rubbish on top to spell out the name. He then spryed the sheet with aerosol paint. Unfortunatly, the paint went though the sheet, and stained the concrete underneath, leaving 6 fott high letters. The landlord didn't see the funny side.

Apparently Ron used to own a scrapbook with press cuttings etc of British punk bands. Pages and pages of the stuff. Then, on one page there is a dried mushroom (you know the kind I mean), and the its all Hawkwind, and psychedelia :-)

This info comes from a bloke I work with, who shared the same house as Ron.

Neil.