OFF: Moog Cookbook

Imaginos imaginos at NETIME.COM
Fri Nov 15 07:08:55 EST 1996

sorry.. forgot to get this on in the last message

>From:    "Ted Jackson jr. EL 84" <TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU>
>>>From Craig:
>> Since we are discussing weird combos (Johnny Cash doing Soundgarden), I =
>> just saw a weird one at the local Media Play. It is by a "band' called =
>> Moog Cookbook and it is all (instrumentals???) Moog'd versions of =
>> popular 90's alternative songs by Nirvana and others (forgot which other =
>Some 25 years ago, didn't 'PDQ Bach' do the same thing with classical
>music?
>theo

No. That would have been Walter Carlos (now Wendy) with "Switched On Bach

Prof. Peter Schickele (PDQ Bach) has most of his fun with classical
music, using orchestras... not systhesizers. I've seen him with the
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and it was one of the funniest things I've
ever seen/heard. And they say rock music is repetitive?

# Grant Porter is: imaginos at netime.com or gporter at furball.slime.org #
# Ferrets and more seen at: http://furball.slime.org/               #
# Opinions are: completely derived from listening to rock music.    #
# The symptom of the universe is written in your eyes.              #