OFF: Moog Cookbook

Fri Nov 15 08:23:31 EST 1996

Craig sez:

> > NP: Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio: I Am Santa Claus (this is just what my =
> > warped mind needs to survive the season! Highly recommended!)

I'll second that!

Then Craig responding to Theo:

> Some 25 years ago, didn't 'PDQ Bach' do the same thing with classical
> music?
> theo

Theo,

I think that you are thinking of Walter/Wendy Carlos and his/her Moog'd version
of various classical pieces. Tomita did that route, too...

PDQ Bach was more of a send-up of classical music, performed on more-or-less
period instrumentation.

Uh, I don't think Tomita was doing humorous takes on classical music,
like P.D.Q. Bach was.  I used to have most of Tomita's albums - some
of them were pretty cool.  Of course, they probably sound a bit like
electronic beeps and squeaks when you compare with the sounds synths
can make these days.

John