BOC: CN on CD

Shawn Quinn squinn at DIGITAL.NET
Fri Nov 15 19:17:54 EST 1996

John A Swartz wrote:

> >One copy seen was shrink wrapped so it couldn't be examined closely, but it
> appeared to have a booklet inside and seemed to be a US import. Another copy
> in another shop had a fold-out cover and a poorer quality reproduction of
> the front cover picture, and also had _Sony_ stamped on the spine. It was
> A$10.00 cheaper, too. Can anyone tell me where the second one comes from?
> Thanks,
>
> Check the catalog numbers if you can.  My suspicion is the one with
> _Sony_ on it might be the other European release (Holland release that
> is) -- if it is, "Make Rock Not War" will be mislabelled as "Rock on
> Wars".
>
> Also, I have been told by Jean-Luc Carrier (who runs the French BOC
> fanclub) that the UK version of *Club Ninja* (no fadeout on "White
> Flags") does NOT exist on CD - only vinyl (and maybe cassette).  So,
> I've basically stopped looking for what is probably a non-existent CD.
>
> John

John -

Correct me if I am mistaken...

I thought another major difference between the UK CN and the American CN
was that the American version contains the into by Howard Stern for When
the War Comes.  I believe I have a CD version that does not contain this
intro - and that implies that the english version, at least in part, is
on CD.  The CD I am speaking of is the SONY version with 1992 and 1985
release dates.  I also have a holland version - dated 1985 as well -
and it contains the intro.

Shawn

Shawn