OFF : DC Monkeys

Christian Mumford christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO
Mon Nov 18 03:31:33 EST 1996

>The thing DC had with monkeys in the 60's was *inspired* ! I could talk
>all day about Titano, The Super Ape or Gorilla Grodd but this ain't
>alt.monkeys so I'd better take it off. (or we could talk monkeys
>privately) :-)
>--
>Jon Browne

No, it applies to Hawkwind - look at how Silver Machine was their only big hit,
and it happened to have monkeys on the sleeve??? See? Yeah, I dig the old DC
monkey comics - have you seen the issue of Secret Origins that's all monkeys??
And, one can credit the Brits for reviving them all into continuity too!

Christian